Optimizing Your Child's Sensory Diet in a New Normal
A LIVE MASTERCLASS for parents of of children with specialized learning needs and the team who supports them
It's the start of a new school year. Whether your child is headed to the classroom or is staying at home and learning online, this year is definitely going be different.
This Masterclass is for you if:
- Your child has "sensory issues" but you don't really understand what that means or the sensory diets you have tried didn't seem to work
- You know COVID crisis schooling didn't work and are determined to do your best to help your child succeed in this New Normal
- You don't want your child to struggle and be constantly melting down with school work and changes in routines
- With the necessary focus on health and safety in school, having a sensory supportive classroom and flexible seating is not your school team's priority but your child still needs support
- You are trying your best in these times to be "supermom" (or dad!) but you are also starting to feel overwhelmed and need a roadmap to help you create a New Normal with a sensory foundation
- You want your child to be happy, regulated, and engaged
Join Aubrey Schmalle, OTR/L, SIPT as she teaches you how to reduce meltdowns, improve your child's ability to sustain attention with screen-based learning and create a new and positive reality for your children during this time using the Body Activated LearningTM Framework.
Gain a better understanding of what the key components of a sensory diet should be for children growing up in the age of technology under this New Normal to create a more focused plan to meet your child's sensory needs for learning, attention, and self-regulation.
Learn a simple, fun and effective movement sequences that are easy to implement, can be modified to fit your child's needs, embedded into the daily routines of your family, and doesn't require a lot of time.
About Aubrey Schmalle, OTR/L
I have always had a passion for empowering the people closest to a child with sensory processing deficits to see them through a new lens in order to create a plan to support learning and self-regulation. To that end, I created the Body Activated Learning Handbook along with provider certification programs and a parent coaching program to empower the community to better support children with diverse neurosensory needs. The handbook is an easy, non-technical reference to make the complicated subject of sensory processing understandable for the non-therapist but still rooted in science and research. I speak nationally to educators, therapists, counselors, and psychologists on balancing technology with sensory "smart" movement techniques with a digital generation in mind. Join me on a journey toward empowerment to take your child from meltdowns to motivated while developing the habits to succeed in a digital world.